Saturday, January 24, 2009

"How Great I Art"

Students Are Saying...

… thank you. . . "mentors" for obviously passing on some wonderful traits as you have been a great mentor to many of us by example and.... I think.... just by being yourself on top of your keen awareness of others and your willingness to be open and to admit challenges— Young Adult, White Southern Woman


“I am sooo glad that others finally recognize what we have known...that you are just super!!!!  You have touched so many of us and changed our lives for the better.”--Older Adult, Jewish Woman
“Your grace and charm and enthusiasm is so compelling. I am happy and honored to know you and my growth has been inspired by having the experience of learning and sharing with you”-- Older Adult, Jewish Woman


“We have a wonderful professor who does workshops on Diversity that I would be happy to get you in touch with if you ever feel like you might want some expert assistance in helping to teach students about the diverse populations they will serve as future fire fighters and life savers.”--Young White, Gay Man


“I wanted to volunteer myself for any activities or panels on diversity in the future. I’m not sure how many white men from the deep south you have on your panels, but maybe I can provide a glimpse of what it was like growing up in that environment.--Young Adult, White, Heterosexual Male (“Deep South,” US)


“Teaching is a gift that a person is born with.  One can be a gifted artist, a gifted musician, a gifted scientist, or a gifted teacher. You . . . have that gift.”-- Older Jewish Woman


Your lecture captivated my attention and I learned so much from it. Thank you for the ongoing teaching. You are a great professor! Middle-aged Haitian Woman


This class is off the chain. The bomb, in terms of the openness to express one's views without the fear of reprisal. I have been quite reserved in my comments based on past experiences that demonstrated the contrary. . . . No offense Dr. Nixon, I almost believe you and certainty will contribute more to the discussions as my belief is made complete. Middle-aged African American Woman (West Indies Descent)


No comments:

Post a Comment